Lets be friends

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY Canvas Painting

So today I got a little artsy. Note- I am NOT an artist! I just like to be creative and have a good time. Which is what I did this lovely morning. Last night I took a trip to Hobby Lobby and I ended up in the painting aisle. I was inspired and thought it couldn't be that difficult to paint something so simple! Well I was right. It was soo easy and quick! A fun DIY that anyone can do. Even me, which means whoever you are, you can do it too. I bought a pack of 2 canvas' which were on sale, and 2 colors of acrylic paint. A sea blue and deep black. I used a couple old paint brushes and got to it. There are no step-by-step instructions that I could possible give you! But I was trying to think of some to help out those of you who don't think you can do it. So I came up with ONE!
 
1. JUST PAINT.
 
Not going to lie, for my first time truly painting, it was a little scary and took some courage to place the brush on the canvas. I was afraid I would mess up! But once I started, I realized even when I missed up, it looked cute! In fact, my mess up's, are my favorite parts of each painting.
 
So I hope I was a spark of inspiration for you guys today! I want to see the pictures of your own painting ASAP!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Such a cute way to spice up a desk or wall.

 
 
 
 


 
Hang them on a white wall and they will seriously glow from the contrast. SO FUN!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
See how simple?!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Let the colors do the painting and go with the flow. (Super cheesy but I hope it gets you motivated to add some personal touches to your walls or rooms!)
 
Pros:
 
-Super cheap
-Way fun
-SO easy
-Very quick
-Cute
-Great way to separate pictures on a picture wall
-Accomplishing
 
K I'm expecting pics.
 
 
xoxo,
 
Shay.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ky and Shay ! I came across your cute blog and would love to follow each other !
    Luvs
    M
    Simply Sutter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monic! You definitely got a follow from us your blog looks too cute!

      Delete